Wednesday, February 29, 2012

v e g a n

I just rewatched Forks Over Knives on netflix.. still amazing! I've watched it before and liked it a lot, and it really made be start thinking about what I was eating. I'd say the amount of meat I ate after watching it did slow down, but didn't stop like it has now.
Some of the other documentaries I like on netflix are Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and Food Matters, but I have pretty much every food related documentary on netflix in my Instant Queue ready to be watched in the near future.
I still can't believe how much my life is changing. Just from simply reading and watching some documentaries. All this information was out there, I just hadn't been listening before. I didn't care at all to eat better or use organic products. I am definitely feeling good about this though!!
I've decided that it is the smarter decision based on what I've learned to keep my family on a plant based diet. We're going to go all the way- Vegan. Since researching, I've found the benefits of ridding dairy are pretty amazing. Finding out that milk actually leaches calcium from the body, doing exactly the opposite of what the media says it does, really made an impact on me. Not only have I learned that we don't need milk to get what we need, but it just bothers me altogether that the media can blatantly lie like that. I read that it is well known in the medical field that milk is bad for you, yet they still do nothing about it. Unbelievable. I found a few websites that help guide parents of vegan families, & I'm loving them! 1 2 3 4 5 6 Here are some other sites I found pretty inspiring, 1 2 3 4 :) I also found a handy list of restaurants that serve vegan dishes, or how you can tweak them to become vegan. :)


How many meat eaters does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, they would rather stay in the dark about things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...