Friday, February 17, 2012

One Week Later..

    It's been one week since my eyes were opened to the world of chemicals in the  products we all use everyday. I can't believe what going "no poo" has started in my life. From the second I began reading about it, I knew I had to try it. But it didn't stop there, I started doing the no  poo thing and OCM a week ago, and since then I haven't been able to get off the internet! I'm making a huge list of homemade cleaning products so I can (hopefully soon) replace all my cleaners with these all natural, and super cheap homemade ones. That has been a project of mine for a few days now. I even found some cute labels! I think I'll put the list I eventually end up with on here. :)
My little Betsey getting more vacs.. :(
    Then I saw something about what they put in vaccinations. Yes, that's a totally different topic, I know. But I feel like since my eyes have been opened to the chemicals in our products, I guess I'm more curious and I just can't stop researching everything I hear is somehow bad for us. So I came across this website that is full of information that will scare the crap out of any new (or not) mom that hasn't yet heard about the dangers of vaccines. It was from this site that I first learned about the aluminum, formaldehyde, cells from aborted human babies, and so much more. I couldn't believe all this stuff was being injected into our babies in certain vaccines! I also read that they discovered monkeys were getting autism after testing some vaccines on them. WOW, it says that the number of autistic children has gone from 1 in 5000 in the 1990's to 1 in 150! Later I read that there are cancer cells left inside the flu shot?! Seriously? The media has been blaming many of the recent disease outbreaks on unvaccinated people, when it's actually the one's who had the vaccines that are getting the diseases. Like when whooping cough went a little crazy in 2010, it was actually found to be prevalent among children that have been vaccinated against whooping cough, & experts have reluctantly admitted that a failure of the vaccine, not the fact that some children were unvaccinated, was likely the real cause of that outbreak. I have been doing my research and it looks like many families have a hard time getting their pediatrician to keep them after they decide they don't want to vaccinate anymore. I hope this isn't the case for me as I am on medical and I don't exactly have a ton of doctors available to us, but we are going to do our best to find one that will accept the decisions I make for my family. 
    So I was on facebook liking all the organic, crunchy, all natural, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, vaccine-free, attachment parenting pages, and I started coming across some about homeschooling & unschooling. I watched a video on one of their pages about how bad the public high schools are and how kids aren't learning anything. I already know how terrible public schools are. I went to a traditional, 4,000 student high school during my freshman and sophomore years, and a tiny, 30-kids-in-my-whole-class charter school. There were more in the other grades, and when I graduated, there were tons of kids I had never seen before that did home study, but it was pretty much just my one little class for the next year and a half. (I finished the last half of my senior year in home study, I was sooo over high school.) ANYWAY, my point is I personally know the difference in the kids, the learning, everything. I don't know if you can blame the teachers at the big schools on this for not taking control of the students because there's really not a whole lot they can do. There is absolutely no respect anymore, that was lost in (public) middle school. Now the kids at the charter school I went to, wow, what a difference! They are respectful and go to school to learn. Most of them went to college right after high school and aren't pregnant. This isn't so common anymore, and no I'm not one of the ones who went to a big college and didn't get pregnant, obviously, but I'd like different for my little Betsey!
    So here I am. In the past week I have opened my eyes and am looking at everything in a whole new way. I don't look at restaurants the same, shampoo the same, medicine the same, or doctors the same. I don't know if I can ever home school my daughter, maybe a charter school like I went to could be just as good for her? Honestly, I can't even believe I am writing all of this right now. A year ago I NEVER would have thought this would be me, but people grow up and learn and change.
Look at Betsey's chubby little legs.. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...